To me, sports are more than just a game. They are a great way to teach kids discipline, team work, confidence, and passion. Sports come with a wealth of benefits for your children. Here are 12 Reasons Why Spending Money On Your Kids Sports Is Totally Worth It.
I recently saw a post of Facebook about this topic, and could immediately relate. Why spend so much money on your kids sports? Well, there is a perfectly reasonable answer to this question. In fact, there are MANY very good reasons why spots are an important part of everyone’s lives.
I decided to share this post because I believe 100% in the benefits of sports for kids.
If you still think that your kids sports are not worth the money or effort, please read this post. As a mother of two children I know how hard it is to take kids to their after-school activities. But knowing your kids are busy doing something beneficial and productive makes it all worth it.
12 Reasons Why Spending Money On Your Kids Sports Is Totally Worth It
One of my friends asked “Why do you pay so much money for your kids to do all their sports”? Well I have a confession to make; I don’t pay for my kids to to do sports. Personally, I couldn’t care less about what sport they do.
So, if I am not paying for sports what am I paying for?
– I pay for those moments when my kids become so tired they want to quit but don’t.
– I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are “too tired” to go to their training but they go anyway.
– I pay for my kids to learn to be disciplined, focused and dedicated.
– I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body and equipment.
– I pay for my kids to learn to work with others and to be good team mates, gracious in defeat and humble in success.
– I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment, when they don’t get that placing or title they’d hoped for, but still they go back week after week giving it their best shot.
– I pay for my kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
– I pay for my kids to respect, not only themselves, but other athletes, officials and coaches.
– I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours, years and years of hard work and practice to create a champion and that success does not happen overnight.
– I pay for my kids to be proud of small achievements, and to work towards long term goals.
– I pay for the opportunity my kids have and will have to make life-long friendships, create lifelong memories, to be as proud of their achievements as I am.
– I pay so that my kids can be out on the field or in the gym instead of in front of a screen…
…I could go on but, to be short, I don’t pay for sports; I pay for the opportunities that sports provides my kids with to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far I think it is a great investment!
I hope you enjoyed this 12 Reasons Why Spending Money On Your Kids Sports Is Totally Worth It post. Originally found on Facebook and posted by Mark Wolpert. If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun ideas for families.