Do you have small children at home? This Baked Salmon With Pea Puree is a perfect way to serve the entire family a delicious dinner. Easy to make, nutritious and so enjoyable. Perfect meal ready in less than 30 minutes.
For this Baked Salmon With Pea Puree recipe I only needed 5 ingredients (plus salt and pepper). If you do not use dill then you just need 4. 4 ingredients and you won’t believe what a wonderful meal you can serve. If you have a baby at home, make your baby food and also turn it into a side dish for the rest of the family. A little creativity and you can add lots of nutrition to your plate.
My daughter turned one a few weeks ago and I now officially cook dinner for a family of four. She graduated from baby purees a few months ago and started eating finger foods. She wanted more and more texture so little by little we made the transition. By avoiding commercial baby food, she is now such and adventorus happy eater. If you want to learn more about creating healthy food habits, please see 5 Tips For Raising Healthy Non-Picky Eaters. Healhty eating habits start at home.
At home, we all eat the same food. Even my 1 year old eats everything we eat, cut in small pieces of course. But I still remembered the pea puree…….so simple yet so delicious. Homemade baby food tastes so good. I also love peas so I decided to add a little parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper and make it a family side dish. Salmon served on top and you have a complete meal. This Baked Salmon Over Pea Puree is just wonderful.
You can season your salmon with your favorite fresh herbs, salt and pepper. I like it with dill but it is really up to you and your personal taste. Salmon tastes great plain with just with a little salt. Eating omega-3 fatty acids will bring many health benefits to you and your family.
Baked Salmon With Pea PureePrint
Simple recipe using fresh ingredients. Great family dinner recipe ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 3–4 salmon fillets (4–6 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh peas (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh dill *optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Steam or boil the peas first for about 3-5 minutes then blend in a food processor or blender with the olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add a little water if needed to make the puree smooth.
- Bake the salmon fillets seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. I added dill on top but it is really up to you. Bake for about 10-15 minutes depending on how thick the fillets are. Do not overcook.
- Serve the puree warm and place a salmon fillet on top. You can also add a little lemon juice to your salmon if you like it.
- Category: dinner