Great recipe by Dan Ashbach. This is a creative way to get your kids to eat more vegetables. Remember kids need 3-5 servings of vegetables a day! Baked zucchini fries are a must-try!
Baked Zucchini Fries
- 3 medium zucchinis
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup panko
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt
- 1 Tbs milk
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Trim ends from zucchini. Cut into wedges.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.Place flour in a zip-lock bag.
- Mix eggs, salt and milk in a pie plate, or another shallow dish.
- Mix panko and parmesan in another shallow dish.
- Place zucchini in bag and toss gently to coat.
- Place zucchini in egg mixture and turn several times to coat. Let excess drip onto the plate.
- Holding zucchini by the ends, hold over panko mixture and spoon mixture onto all sides. (If you roll zucchini in the mixture, it quickly clumps from the egg.)
- Place on a prepared cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes, turning once, until coating is golden and crisp.
- Serve with a marinara sauce for dipping.
Tip: These baked zucchini fries can also be paired with a healthy dip like hummus or guacamole.