This Paleo Cornbread Muffins recipe won’t make you miss regular cornbread ever again. It really tastes like traditional cornbread without using corn.
Paleo Cornbread Muffins
Here’s a fantastic grain and gluten free recipe for people who follow the Paleo Diet but still want to enjoy the taste of cornbread. Paleo Cornbread Muffins minus the corn. I promise they are sweet, moist and you won’t miss regular cornbread anymore.
Adding coconut flour made these muffins taste very similar to regular cornbread. For this recipe I actually used a combination of almond and coconut flour. You can eat your Paleo Cornbread Muffins with some honey or maple syrup on top. Yum!
Easy To Make Cornbread Muffins
I baked my Paleo Cornbread Muffins in silicone muffin molds. I love using these molds because the muffins come right out and they are so easy to clean. I also recommend a hand mixer to mix the ingredients well. Look at my muffins coming out of the oven. If I could only share the smell……..
If you are interested in other grain and gluten free recipes please see 5 Gluten Free Recipes Your Kids Will Love. Simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and lots of creativity. Eating real food is the best you can do for your health.
Remember that you don’t have to be a chef to cook wonderful meals. If you want to eat clean, little by little you can improve your diet. I used to survive on ramen noodles and pizza pockets when I was in college! One change at a time and before you know it, you will be eating healthier. Please see 5 Ingredient Swaps For Healthier Eating if you are interested in making better choices.
Now, back to my Paleo Cornbread Muffins. Yes, they are delicious and taste very very similar to regular cornbread. They are perfect as a side dish or afternoon snack. We had them for dinner yesterday with pork chops and sweet potato fries. Try them for yourself and let me know what you think.Print
Delicious paleo cornbread muffins. Grain and gluten free alternative to regular cornbread.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour,and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, add the honey, milk, coconut oil and eggs and mix really well.
- Place the wet ingredients little by little with the dry ingredients.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix everything well with the hand blender.
- Take out 8 muffin molds and fill them with the mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until you see the top is turning a little brown.
- Take them out of the oven, let them cool down for a few minutes and remove from molds.
- You can store them in a closed container in the fridge for several days.
You can substitute the almond milk for cow’s milk if you eat dairy.
- Category: dinner, baking