Let me show you How To Make Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries if you follow a few simple rules. After trying many times, I have a few tips for you to get super crunchy, naturally sweet, and perfectly baked sweet potato fries.
How To Make Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries
I really don’t like frying and needed to come up with a way to make my fries taste like real fries. Who doesn’t love french fries? Kids and adults love them as a side dish. Now, instead of regular potatoes, make them with sweet potatoes and load on vitamin A and beta carotene.
Sweet potatoes are a great non-starchy carb. They also have more fiber and vitamin C than regular potatoes. Let me show you how to make perfect baked sweet potato fries so you can have an awesome side dish for you and your family. It really goes with anything like chicken, meat, or fish. Kids and adults love sweet potato fries!
It takes a little prep time to peel and cut your sweet potatoes first, but it will worth it. There is nothing better than homemade food made with fresh ingredients. Plus, sweet potatoes are so good for you. Learn more about the health benefits of sweet potatoes HERE.
And if you are in the mood for more delicious sweet potato recipes, you can take a look at my amazing flourless sweet potato healthy brownies and roasted sweet potatoes recipes.
Want to make it a complete meal? Try them with my Healthy Homemade Chicken Tenders recipe. Real food that even picky eaters will love. Want a great dip for your delicious sweet potato fries? Try my Creamy Avocado Cilantro Ranch. We had it for dinner a few days ago and it was a total success: No Leftovers!
Easy Tips To Make Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Cut them all the same size.- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes all about the same size. This will help them cook evenly. I recommend cutting them thick because you will be baking them in high heat.
- Soak them in water.- After you are done cutting your sweet potato fries, place them in a big bowl with water for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Coat them with just a little bit of oil.- A couple of teaspoons will be enough for an entire tray of sweet potato fries to be baked. Even when baking, you need a little oil for great results. I recommend using ghee, red palm, or coconut oil. After soaking in water, drain and coat using your hands.
- Turn on the heat.- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. After trying many times, I found my perfect temperature to be 425. Your sweet potatoes will come out crunchy and perfect if you bake at a higher temperature.
- Season them after baking.- I found that seasoning them before baking makes them very dry. Just bake them first and season when they are ready! You can use salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder or any other spice you like.
And now you know these 5 easy tricks for perfect baked sweet potato fries every time you make them. If you like sweet potatoes as much as I do, you might want to try my 2 Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes recipe. Only 2 ingredients for a delicious and nutritious breakfast. Sweet potatoes are great any time of the day.Print
How To Make Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
How to make perfect baked sweet potato fries that taste like real fries. Crunchy outside, sweet inside and super delicious with added health benefits!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and cut your sweet potato in to fries.
- In a large bowl, soak them in water for about 45 minutes.
- Drain and coat with just a little oil using your hands.
- Place them on top of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Season them according to taste.
You can use the cooking oil of your preference. I like using olive oil and ghee for this recipe. Both work great.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato, fries, baked fries
I really hope you enjoy reading this How To Make Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries post and also helped you with tricks to make your fries taste amazing! I am a mom blogger who loves to share homemade recipes. I like to stay away from processed foods as much as possible and believe in cooking from scratch.
Krystal Wight Armstrong says
I’d like to serve these with a cider pulled pork meal at a party this saturday – I don’t suppose there’s any way to make these ahead of time and just re-heat somehow, without ruining them and their texture, is there?
Creative Healthy Family says
Hi, sounds delicious! Unfortunately no 🙁 with fries you need to serve right away or the texture is ruined. Hope you enjoy your party!