If you are a true avocado fan, you need to read these 5 Useful Hacks Every Avocado Lover Needs To Know post.
Oh delicious avocados. Who doesn’t like them? They are creamy, they are loaded with nutrients, they are incredibly delicious!
At home we are HUGE avocado fans. I mean, we are the kind of family that eats them almost every single day. I’m not kidding. From my 2 year old toddler to my 42 year old husband. We love avocados. For breakfast, snack or dinner. We can’t live without them!
Because we eat them so often, I had to learn a few tricks to always have them ripe and available at home. So, I decided to put together a list of my favorite 5 Useful Hacks Every Avocado Lover Needs To Know. Simple tips for enjoying this perfect food at all times.
5 Useful Hacks Every Avocado Lover Needs To Know
1. You can ripen a rock hard avocado in just 10 minutes. Just wrap it in tinfoil and set it on the baking sheet. Pop it in the oven at 200 degrees fahrenheit for ten minutes, or until the avocado is soft. Full instructions HERE.
2. If you need an avocado to mature faster, add an apple, banana or pear and put it in a paper bag. If you are not in a hurry to ripen your avocado in the oven but need it for the next couple of days, then the natural way to speed up the process is to put it in a bag with one of the fruits mentioned above. The fruits emit ethylene gas, a compound that promotes ripening. Store it at room temperature.
3. If you’re out of breakfast dishes or baking pans, just use an avocado. Cut it in half first. Then drop an egg into the hole of an avocado, bake until set and eat. Best breakfast around. Check out the recipe HERE.
4. If you’re unsure whether an avocado is ready to eat, look underneath the stem. Just peel off the stem and look underneath. If it’s bright green, the fruit is perfectly ripe and ready to eat. If it’s brown underneath, your avocado is probably too ripe and brown inside. I never buy avocados without a stem.
5. Use avocados to make a delicious and creamy pasta sauce. If you are tired of the same marinara sauce with your pasta, then try a delicious avocado pasta sauce. It is one of our favorite meals at home. Check out my Raw Pesto Avocado Pasta Sauce and get ready to enjoy avocados in a new different way. You won’t be disappointed, I promise!
Now that you know how to have avocados ready at all times, start incorporating them to your weekly menu. Avocados are amazing! If you want to learn more about the health benefits and nutrition information of avocados, please click HERE.
I am not a chef or have many years of experience cooking. So most of my recipes are very easy to prepare. I believe in simple, nutritious, and homemade food made from scratch.