Banana Ice Cream With Healthy Chocolate Magic Shell is the ultimate summer dessert. Ready in less than 10 minutes. You simply cannot go wrong with this recipe.
Is there anything better than chocolate to make you feel wonderful? If you like chocolate as much as I do, you are totally going to love this Banana Ice Cream With Healthy Chocolate Magic Shell recipe. You are going to love it even more when you see the ingredients.
5 healthy ingredients is all it takes….for both the ice cream and the healthy magic shell. Oh, and no refined sugars. Is this possible? Wait! It gets better. The ingredients in this Banana Ice Cream With Healthy Chocolate Magic Shell recipe are actually good for you. Get your 5 ingredients ready and give it a try. I am sure you will love it.
Have you tried magic shell? It’s the chocolate syrup that hardens when you pour it over ice cream. It’s all artificial with no actual real chocolate as an ingredient. But I have to confess I crave it, I crave it a lot actually. I crave tons of magic shell chocolate on top of my ice cream.
I just cannot believe you can easily make a healthy version. A healthy magic shell recipe using cacao powder, coconut oil and maple syrup (or honey). 3 ingredients and you have perfectly delicious, mouth-watering chocolate that hardens in a couple of seconds. Want to learn more about the benefits of eating cacao? Please see Cacao Vs Cocoa What You Need To Know.
This healthy chocolate magic shell also goes so perfect with my banana ice cream. I call it banana ice cream but it is just frozen banana with a splash of milk. When my bananas are ripe, I quickly cut them and freeze them so I don’t have to throw them away. If my kids ask me for ice cream, I can make it in just a couple of minutes.
Have a frozen banana bag in the freezer and simply put it in a high speed blender with a splash of milk. Voila! You made delicious banana ice cream. The only thing is you must eat it right away. I have tried storing it in the freezer but it gets really hard. The good news is you can make this banana ice cream in a couple minutes. So make it and serve it right away each time.Print
A delicious banana ice cream recipe with ingredients that are so good for you. And a super healthy chocolate magic shell that just goes perfect!
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup *or honey
- 2 frozen bananas
- Splash of milk *dairy or non-dairy
- In a high speed blender, place the frozen bananas with a splash of milk to make your ice cream. Try adding a little milk and blend to get the right ice cream consistency.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place in a serving bowl.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, mix the coconut oil (make sure it is melted) with the cacao powder and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Pour a tablespoon on top of your banana ice cream and watch it harden in just a couple of seconds.
- If you are serving more people, just double the recipe.