By now you know how important it is to eat a healthy breakfast. You may also know that avocados are one of the most nutrient-dense fruits on the planet. Why not combine the two and start your day off right with these easy healthy avocado breakfast recipes? Check them out, then keep reading to learn more about the benefits of eating avocados.
Healthy Avocado Breakfast Recipes
A ripe avocado is, of course, the key to making these delicious avocado recipes. Kitchn has a tip to help you find the perfect avocado at the grocery store: peel back the stem and take a peek at the fruit. Green means good to go. If you’re stuck with hard avocado even after trying that trick, use this method to ripen an avocado fast!
So, here are 10 delicious and super easy to make avocado recipes for a healthy breakfast. You will be surprised to know how easy it is to incorporate avocados in the morning and start your day full of nutrition and energy. If you are interested, check out also my 3 Healthy Breakfast Ideas For Eating On the Go and Easy Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins. Breakfast is really the most important meal of the day!
10 Easy & Healthy Avocado Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Baked Avocado Eggs– With just three ingredients, this tasty healthy breakfast recipe is even beautiful enough to serve for Sunday brunch!
- Avocado Smoothie Recipe – This is perfect for those rushed days when you have to be out the door in five minutes.
- Egg & Avocado Breakfast Crostini Recipe -Another great idea that can also be used during an upscale brunch. This easy crostini recipe takes scrambled eggs to a whole new level of deliciousness.
- Baked Avocado Fries– Avocado fries aren’t just for lunch and dinner! They make a delicious & healthier alternative to hash browns or home fries.
- Mango Kiwi Avocado Smoothie– Another delicious smoothie recipe, this one is great if you prefer something a little sweeter than the plain avocado smoothie.
- Avocado Toast– You can’t really talk about avocado breakfast ideas without mentioning the one that started the whole trend: avocado toast! This version adds an egg on top of the mashed fruit, but you can leave it off if you’re in a rush.
- Instant Pot Bacon & Egg Stuffed Avocado – This delicious recipe cooks in your Instant Pot while you go about your morning.
- Ultimate Vegan Breakfast Burrito – From scrambled chickpeas to mashed avocado, this recipe really is the ultimate burrito! If you don’t have time to follow the whole recipe, try using something like Morningstar Farms Veggie Bacon Strips and ready-to-eat organic chickpeas to speed it up.
- Avocado & Turkey Bacon Sandwiches – Take your boring egg & cheese breakfast sandwich to whole new levels with this recipe that bakes right in your toaster oven.
- Sunny-Side Up Egg with Avocado, Sriracha & Feta– Kick-start your morning with a little spice and a whole lot of protein with this delicious healthy breakfast recipe!
5 Incredible Health Benefits of Avocados
By now, I’m sure you’ve heard all about the health benefits of avocados, but just in case you need a reminder, here’s a bit of a refresher course! Read on to find out why avocados are such a great addition to your healthy breakfast.
1. Avocados for breakfast help start your day off with a powerful protein punch
One single avocado provides 4g of protein. That’s 8% of your recommended daily amount on its own. Add an egg with its 6.3% and you’re up to just over 20% before you even really start your day!
2. They have more potassium than a banana
Potassium doesn’t just help relieve muscle cramps, it’s absolutely vital to maintaining a healthy heart. Scratch that- it’s vital to maintaining a heart period. It plays an important role in maintaining a regular beat. Avocados pack 14% of your RDA of the mineral, compared to the 10% in a banana.
3. High in heart-healthy fat
If you’ve heard that avocados are one of the most “fattening” fruits, you heard right. However, the majority of it is unsaturated fat, which is actually good for you when eaten in moderation. Healthy fats help lower bad cholesterol levels.
4. Helps keep things moving along in your digestive system
Since avocados are fiber-rich fruits (as in a whopping 40% of your RDA), they help keep things running smoothly throughout your digestive system. They also get your digestive juices going, which in turn helps you absorb more of your breakfast’s nutrients.
5. They may even help you lose weight
Starting your day with an avocado breakfast can help stave off late-morning hunger, which keeps you away from that vending machine for an 11AM sugary snack! Between the high fiber content, the healthy fats, and the protein, avocados may help you feel fuller longer. In fact, one study found that people who ate avocados with a meal felt more satisfied and less hungry for up to 5 hours.
As you can see, while avocados are good for you any time of the day, it makes sense to include them in your healthy breakfast! You’ll start your morning off with energizing protein, kick-start your digestive system, and keep yourself away from unhealthy snacks between meals. Just remember, moderation is the key to reaping the benefits of avocados, so don’t overdo it and eat them with every meal every day. While they’re incredibly healthy, too much of a good thing becomes a bad thing.