Find out these 5 epsom salt health benefits for kids that will boost their immune systems. Epsom salt baths, also known as detox baths, are really amazing and offer many health benefits.
I love giving my kids epsom salt baths. The goal is to give them this type of detox bath once a week to protect them from getting sick and boost their immune systems. The Epsom salt in detox baths make my children feel better, and help maintain a good amount of magnesium in their bodies.
If you follow my blog you will know I am a huge believer in natural remedies. I believe that a healthy lifestyle will make a great impact in my kids’ future health. This is why I cook at home with healthy ingredients. Nutrition is very important. And so are natural remedies. This is why I am sharing this post. I want to show you powerful and amazing epsom salt health benefits.
Magnesium is a wonderful mineral that is essential in our overall health. But most of us are deficient in this important nutrient. Magnesium is one of the most depleted minerals in our soil so the foods of today have much less than in our grandmother’s day. Epsom salts help maintain a good level of magnesium, and can help with your children’s overall health.
5 Amazing Epsom Salt Health Benefits For Kids
1. Fight Colds Fast.- At the first signs of a cold, I give my kids a good and relaxing epsom salt bath. This is our best and most effective way to fight a cold or flu. It really works for us. All you need is 1/2 cup of Epsom salt, and 2 tablespoons of baking soda (*Optional. To help promote elimination of toxins and clean unfiltered water). If your child is over 60 pounds, use 1 cup. If you want full details, please see How To Kick Colds Fast With A Detox Bath.
2. Promote Better Sleep.- Another great epsom salt health benefit. It helps kids relax and sleep better. Magnesium is such a wonderful mineral that not only strengthens the immune system, but also has calming effects. If you are having problems with your kids sleeping routine, please also see 5 Tips For Helping Children Fall Asleep Faster And Sleep Better.
3. Get Rid Of Toxins.- Detox baths will clean the body and get rid of toxins kids are exposed to every day. This translates into a stronger immune system! If you vaccinate your kids, this is a great way to get all the nasty ingredients used in vaccines that accumulate in the body and will stay there if nothing is done to expel them. If you want more information, please see 5 Easy Ways To Detox From Vaccine Toxins And Heavy Metals.
4. Relieve Irritability and Stress.- Magnesium is really a miracle mineral that regulates the nervous system and may help prevent stress, anxiety, nervousness, restlessness and irritability. You know how your child can be moody and irritable after a long day? Epsom salt baths are perfect to calm them down! Magnesium can also be great for anxiety in adults. If you want to learn more, please see How I Decided To Deal With Anxiety Naturally.
5. Improve Focus And Brain Activity.- Bath salts will also help them be more alert and focus more. A proper level of magnesium will regulate brain function. Some experts believe that children with ADHD may have a mild magnesium deficiency. In one preliminary study of 75 magnesium-deficient children with ADHD, those who received magnesium supplements showed an improvement in behavior compared to those who did not receive the supplements (SOURCE).
Magnesium can help your children feel better, sleep better, and even perform better in school. Give it a try and see how great they are! I also recommend a great multivitamin called Natural Vitality Kids Natural Calm, that has added magnesium. I also give my kids a natural and raw probiotic blend. What I do is add the supplements in their morning smoothies. And my kids rarely get sick!
5 Amazing Epsom Salt Health Benefits For Kids post contains affiliate links. The products linked are the products I use and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Creative Healthy Family will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated.
This information should not replace professional advice by a qualified medical or herbal practitioner.