This Green Bean Casserole recipe made with homemade ingredients is one of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes. My husband makes it every year and we just love it. It’s creamy and comforting, with lots of mushrooms and homemade onion rings……… the kind of food that brings back childhood memories and soothes your soul.
Homemade Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Traditional Green Bean Casseroles recipes use a lot of cans: canned mushrooms, canned green beans, canned onion rings. In my opinion, there is nothing like using real ingredients. This recipe uses only fresh ingredients for better taste and the most important part: it is healthier for everyone. A must try!
Thanksgiving is all about cooking good homemade meals so I try and stay away from boxes and processed foods as much as I can. It takes a little bit more time but it is so worth it. Trust me! You would notice the difference and feel good about serving your family “real” good food made from scratch.
Try to choose the best quality ingredients and buy organic when possible. Just remember that your food will taste better the more you stay away from boxes and cans. Try to make your Thanksgiving dinner 100% homemade this year. If you want to try other great Thanksgiving food ideas, please see 7 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes For Real Food Eaters.Print
Great Thanksgiving side dish!
- 1 large bag of fresh green beans
- 2 cups fresh chopped mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Cut onions in rings and dip in flour and bread crumbs. Place in baking sheet on top of parchment paper with some olive oil and salt and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Boil green beans for about 5 minutes, drain and chop.
- In a separate pan, melt butter then add 4 tspns flour, some salt (to taste) and mushrooms.
- Sauté for about 5-10 minutes with whipping cream and chicken or vegetable broth.
- Mix with the green beans and place in baking mold.
- Place the onions on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 375.
- Category: Side Dish
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy family ideas. I love sharing DIYs, cooking hacks, and tips for living a healthy family lifestyle.
If you try this recipe, I will love to know if you also loved it. You can leave a message or review below. Or find me on Instagram @creativehealthyfamily.