This Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs recipe is made with a very simple olive oil marinade, and grilled with delicious pineapples and peppers. An easy to make grilling idea that everyone will love!
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
Let’s just start by saying I love grilling recipes. Grilled chicken tastes simply amazing with just some salt and pepper. Now, imagine grilling your chicken with pineapples and peppers. Then, a simple marinade with olive oil, mustard and a couple of spices. And finally, put them on a stick to make perfect Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs. A winner recipe for sure!
They look so colorful and tasty. Pineapple and chicken is really a great combination and will give these kebabs a naturally sweet and salty touch. If you are making them for a party or small gathering, they will be a hit! Kids and adults love these kebabs.
If you like grilling and you are interested in other easy to make recipes, check out my Grilled Zucchini Wraps With Goat Cheese recipe. A vegetarian option you can serve as an appetizer or finger food for a party.
Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs Made With A Simple Olive Oil Marinade
You need to marinate the chicken in a ziplock bag before grilling. Let the chicken absorb the flavors of and be ready to go on the grill. Olive oil is the perfect ingredient for this recipe. Make sure you choose a good quality and pure olive oil that is safe for grilling.
Here you can see my Hawaiian chicken kebabs are marinated and ready for the grill. Look at all the wonderful colors. So pretty and so delicious!
This wonderful sauce also has oregano, salt, pepper, and a little bit of mustard. The combination of flavors was perfect, and 30 minutes in the fridge was enough time for the chicken to marinate. I didn’t want to make it on the sweet side because pineapples give these chicken kebabs the touch of sweetness they need.
Want to discover more easy marinade ideas? Check out my Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Pancetta recipe. Simple and fresh ingredients is what you will find in my recipes. I believe in cooking with high quality ingredients.
Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
An easy to make grilled chicken recipe that is great for kids and adults. Includes a homemade olive oil marinade.
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 medium size pineapple, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large green pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large red pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon mustard
oregano, salt and pepper to taste
- You need to make the marinade first. Just combine the olive oil, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper and place it in a large ziplock bag.
- Add the chicken already cut into bite-sized pieces and mix well inside the ziplock bag. Seal and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Then take out the chicken and throw away the excess marinade left in the bag.
- Take out your skewers and start making your kebabs. Add the peppers, pineapple and chicken to each one in order. Make sure you already cut them into squares of about the same size all so it looks uniform.
- Heat the grill to 400°F, and place the skewers. Make sure you put a little bit of extra olive oil on the grill to prevent sticking. Grill for about 5 minutes each side, or until the chicken in done.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each skewer.
- Serve right away.
Tip for not burning skewers: Soak them in a large bowl with water for about 15-30 minutes before grilling.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 66 mg
Sodium 80 mg
Total Carbohydrates 10.6 g
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 27.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you enjoy my recipes and let me know if I can help with any questions. Feel free to leave a comment or a review. Would love to know that other families are also enjoying my Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs recipe.
A little about me. I am a lifestyle mom blogger who loves to share ideas for a healthy family lifestyle. My recipes are simple, homemade meals made with healthy ingredients for my family. Simple, fresh, and good for you recipes. You will also find tips, DIYs, activities and useful hacks in my blog.