Great vegetarian option or for serving as a side dish. This Healthy Mixed Vegetable Casserole Recipe is absolutely delicious and very easy to make. It also a great way to incorporate healthier ingredients in your weekly family meals.
Healthy Mixed Vegetable Casserole Recipe
The other day I was thinking of making a vegetarian dish and came up with this great idea. I had some veggies at home that were about to go bad and thought of making a Healthy Mixed Vegetable Casserole Recipe. It came out great and the best part was my family also loved it. Even my 4 year old son who has been picky lately decided to try it. And he actually liked it!
This casserole is great for your weekly family meals. Remember to never give up and keep on offering healthy food options to kids, they will eventually try them. Create healthy eating habits by offering lots of vegetables and cook with fresh ingredients. Your meals will be tastier, super nutritious, and you will feel good giving your family good food. This vegetable casserole recipe is a fantastic side dish to encourage picky eaters to eat more veggies.
The wonderful thing about this Healthy Mixed Vegetable Casserole Recipe is you can use your favorite vegetable combinations. I basically used everything I had in my kitchen and the casserole came out perfect. Use your favorite veggies and make different casseroles each time.
This is all you need for a delicious and healthy mixed vegetable casserole: veggies, eggs and parmesan cheese.
You can feel good about eating a nutritious meal full of health benefits. Eggs, vegetables, and a little cheese and your family can enjoy this wonderful Healthy Vegetable Casserole right out of the oven. I made it with cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, spinach, corn, green peas, and onions. For other great vegetable dishes please see Cream Of Broccoli Cheese Soup and Zucchini And Carrot Bars.Print
Great vegetarian dish. Perfect for the entire family to enjoy as a side dish or simply by itself. Lots of veggies and nutrition!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (about)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup green peas
- A little olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook for about 5-7 minutes (high) the finely chopped onions with some olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the zucchini and cook for another 3-5 minutes in medium heat. Take the skillet out of the heat.
- The rest of the vegetables (except spinach) need to be steamed first for about 5-8 minutes then you can place them in the large skillet. Remember you can use any vegetables you want and add more or less according to taste.
- In a separate bowl, mix the 4 eggs well.
- Mix everything together, adding the spinach also. Place it in an oven safe casserole dish.
- Finally, add the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun food ideas. I am not a chef or have a lot of experience in the kitchen, so most of my recipes are very easy to make. What I like to do for my recipes is avoid processed foods as much as possible because I believe homemade food is always the best choice.