Homemade Almond Flour Banana Muffins. I just found a simple and super tasty solution for my baking and sweet cravings. Made with no refined sugars and healthy ingredients. An awesome gluten free recipe for families!
Homemade Almond Flour Banana Muffins
With the beginning of the fall season, I am really getting in the mood for baking. Another pretty good reason for my sweet cravings is the fact that I am expecting my second child. So I am limiting my sugar intake to try to keep mom and baby as healthy as possible.
I had some Almond Flour and two very ripe bananas so I thought ok let me try to make some muffins and use honey instead of sugar. What I did was I quickly looked at a vegan recipe for banana muffins and changed the ingredients a bit. Took me about 5 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of baking and OMG these homemade banana almond flour muffins came out so delicious! Sweet, moist and nutty…….so yummy and on the healthy side!
The bananas really help with the sweetness, just make sure to use very ripe bananas. You can also use Wilton baking cups to make it easier. Just make sure to spray some oil before so they will come out easily when done. I use Trader Joe’s Coconut Oil Non Stick Cooking Spray
Delicious Gluten Free Banana Muffins
Homemade Almond Flour Banana Muffins are great for breakfast or a quick afternoon snack. Perfect for a dessert as well, and if you like you could serve them with some chopped nuts on top, honey, or even some almond butter. They are naturally gluten free and extremely low in sugar with just a few tablespoons of honey.
Moist and flavorful thanks to the mashed banana. Kind of perfect in the muffin world, if you ask me. The only problem I see with these muffins is you will want to eat more than one!
This recipe will make 8 regular size banana muffins. Baking with Almond Flour is a fantastic gluten free alternative for baking yummy treats. You might also want to try my Perfect Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies and Healthy Almond Flour Pumpkin Cookies recipes for more easy to make ideas.Print
Healthy and gluten free breakfast, snack or dessert muffins!
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 Tbsp honey (you can use agave nectar or maple syrup too)
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs with the bananas and mash. Then add the honey, baking powder, vanilla, almond milk and stir well.
- Add the 1 and 1/2 cups almond flour and stir once more. Taste to see if it needs more sweetener. It depends on your taste and if you like them sweeter, add more honey.
- Line a muffin tin with 8 muffin cups and fill them with the mixture. The muffins will grow a little when baked so do not fill all the way.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a tooth pick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Category: breakfast, snack
Products I used to make this recipe:
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun ideas for families.
Do you have a healthy recipe you would like to share? Please tag @creativehealthyfamily on Instagram or send me a message. I would love to share it!
This post contains affiliate links. The products linked are the products I use and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Creative Healthy Family will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated.