Homemade Baked Fish Sticks is a fantastic and easy to make recipe. It is a healthy alternative to store-bought fish sticks.
I am all about cooking from scratch and using fresh ingredients. I also made these delicious Homemade Baked Fish Sticks with wild Cod (a very mild fish). They came out so good! I baked them instead of frying with just a little bit of cooking oil. They came out moist inside and crunchy outside. So delicious! Perfect dinner idea for the entire family that will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
You could think making your own fish sticks could be complicated but it is actually very easy. The best part is your family will eat good food made with fresh ingredients. Staying away from processed foods is the best thing you can do to improve your health. When cooking from scratch you know exactly what goes into your recipes. Try to always buy local products, and use organic ingredients when possible.
Homemade Baked Fish Sticks are great for toddlers, kids and adults! You can make a big batch of these delicious Homemade Fish Sticks and freeze some for later too.
You can serve them with any side dish. Be creative and remember to always include some veggies in your meals. Squeeze some fresh lemon on top before serving or have some tartar sauce on the side for dipping. They also go really well with Broccoli Cauliflower Nuggets. This is one of my son’s favorite meals!
Homemade Baked Fish SticksPrint
Healthy alternative to store-bought fish sticks.
- 4 wild cod fish fillets
- Whole wheat flour
- Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flour, panko bread crumbs and eggs in separate bowls.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Cut the fish fillets into “sticks” sizes.
- Dip the sticks in flour first, then the eggs, and finally dip in the panko bread crumbs.
- Place them in a large cooking sheet on top of parchment paper with a little cooking oil. You can use cooking oil spray too.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes depending on how thick the fish sticks are.
- Serve and enjoy.