Homemade Zucchini And Carrot Bars are fantastic finger foods for babies, kids and adults! These bars are easy to make and so delicious.
Homemade Zucchini And Carrot Bars
Eat real food made with fresh ingredients and offer your family healthy choices. Stay away from processed food, and cook your own snacks at home. Most commercial snacks are full of preservatives and refined sugars. There is nothing better for your family’s health than making your own food.
I started making these bars for my son when he was a toddler. They are just perfect for babies who are ready for some finger foods. My daughter enjoys these bars since she was approximately 9 months old.
For more ideas please see 5 Processed Kids Snacks You Should Avoid. You will find homemade recipes packed with nutrition and creativity.
You can store your Homemade Zucchini and Carrot Bars in the refrigerator for several days. I prefer to eat mine warm, right out of the oven…..yum…..I love baking with zucchini. If you are also a zucchini lover and interested in other easy to make recipes, please see The Best Homemade Zucchini Parmesan Chips. Really the best healthy chips!
Either way warm or cold these zucchini and carrot bars are yummy and perfect for a quick healthy snack. I am sharing this great recipe from Jan Purser.Print
Great finger food idea! Perfect for breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup of grated cheese
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley*optional
- 1 tbs almond flour (you can use all purpose flour if you prefer)
- Olive oil
- Heat a little olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. A tablespoon is enough.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, and shallots, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Combine the vegetables with the eggs, cheese, parsley (*optional) and flour in a large bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
- Put the mixture into a baking square pan (lightly spread some butter or ghee before) and smooth the surface.
- Bake in oven for about 12 minutes @375 degrees, or until set. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Take them out of the pan cutting into bars.
- Category: Finger Food
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini, healthy, carrot, snack bars, kids, toddlers
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun food ideas, family activities, natural remedies, parenting advice, and tips for living a healthy lifestyle.