If you want the best comfort food, then you really need to try my Incredibly Comforting And Heartwarming Veal Stew recipe. It is a great family dinner recipe that kids and adults really enjoy. Serve it with mashed potatoes, rice, or quinoa. This is the type of meal that makes you feel cozy and warm. The best comfort food is the one made from scratch, with the best quality ingredients, and lots of love for your family. A heartwarming dish that will make you feel so wonderful!
Incredibly Comforting And Heartwarming Veal Stew
I made this Incredibly Comforting And Heartwarming Veal Stew for dinner yesterday. I just love the combination of sweet and salty ingredients: veal, carrots, onions, tomatoes, fresh garlic, peas, raisins, bone broth, and a little seasoning. A true comfort food!
I grew up eating stews and in my opinion, they are the best kind of comfort food there is. During the holidays, I like to make lots of them because they make me feel cozy and warm and so incredibly good. My family also loves them and that is the best part. A healthy dinner full of fresh ingredients that everyone loves and appreciates.
It’s homemade. It’s incredibly comforting and heartwarming. It’s full of delicious flavors!
Last week, my husband and I decided to go out of town for the weekend with our two kids. We visited Busch Gardens in Tampa, and Aquatica Water Park in Orlando. We had a blast! But we came back craving something hearty, homemade, made from scratch. You know how it is when you travel……yes, lots of processed foods. It is inevitable.
So, I decided to come back home and make a delicious homemade meal. One my entire family could really enjoy. This Incredibly Comforting And Heartwarming Veal Stew was the perfect choice. Wholesome, yummy, and nourishing.
After making this delicious veal stew, I am totally convinced that stews are the real deal. The best comfort food there is. Stews remind me of my childhood. Stews made from scratch. Stews that make my kitchen smell like home. Yes, my home smells cozy and warm each time I make a stew and brings back so many memories.
A little tip: If you want to make your stew sauce a little thicker, you can add some Tapioca. They look like little round balls. They dissolve quickly and thicken the sauce really well. You can also use corn starch to thicken if you prefer. They both work really well.Print
A delicious homemade meal for the entire family.
- 1 pound veal cut into small pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato cut in small slices
- 1 cup bone broth *you can use any type of broth
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 cup of sweet peas
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup raisins
- A little olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat a little olive oil in medium/high heat. Cook the onions for about 3-5 mins, and add a little salt to season.
- Add the veal meat and mix with the onions. I buy veal meat already cut for stew. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bone broth, the tomato, tomato paste, carrots, peas, raisins, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything well.
- If you want the sauce of the stew a little thicker you can just add 1 tablespoon of Tapioca and mix everything together.
- Cook in low/medium heat for about 45 mins to 1 hours.
- Serve and enjoy with couscous, rice, quinoa, mashed potatoes, or simply by itself.
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun food ideas, family activities, natural remedies, parenting advice, and tips for living a healthy lifestyle.
This post contains affiliate links. The products linked are the products I use and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Creative And Healthy Fun Food will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated.