Spaghetti Carbonara With Quinoa Pasta is an easy and great family meal. This is one of my favorite recipes and love the quinoa pasta from Ancient Harvest!
Quinoa contains more protein than any other grain, and is higher in unsaturated fats and lower in carbohydrates than most grains and is a very good source of calcium, iron, phosphorous, B vitamins,and vitamin E. We usually think of quinoa as a grain, but it is actually the seed of a plant that, as its scientific name Chenopodium quinoa reflects, is related to beets, chard and spinach.
The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has officially declared that the year 2013 be recognized as “The International Year of the Quinoa.” Proposed by the government of Bolivia and receiving strong support from many Central and South American countries, quinoa has now been singled out by the FAO as a food with “high nutritive value,” impressive biodiversity, and an important role to play in the achievement of food security worldwide. Quinoa is a fantastic source of protein, manganese, folate, zinc and fiber!Print
Perfect family meal!
- 1 box Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta, Spaghetti Style
- 3 or 4 bacon strips
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp butter
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop onions, red pepper, bacon and garlic and sauté with some cooking oil for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream, butter, peas, and some salt. Mix everything well and keep the temperature in medium heat.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Separately, cook pasta according the box instructions, drain and then mix it together.