Summer is here, and these 5 Clever Tips To Help You Pick The Perfect Watermelon come in very handy. Watermelon is a delicious summer fruit!
There is nothing better than a ripe, juicy watermelon on a hot summer day. Do you know how to pick a good and juicy one? It has happened many times to me. I get super excited about my watermelon and then when I cut it, it is not juicy, or sweet, or how I imaged my watermelon to be.
The good news is that you only need to know a few simple tricks to pick a perfectly delicious watermelon. Keep them in mind next time you buy them and enjoy the best watermelons this summer!
Watermelon comes with lots of health benefits. It is about 92 percent — but this refreshing fruit is soaked with nutrients. Each juicy bite has significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids (SOURCE).
If you are interested in recipes with this delicious summer fruit, please check out my Refreshing Watermelon Smoothie recipe. Easy, healthy and perfect for the summer.
5 Clever Tips To Help You Pick The Perfect Watermelon
1. Color: Light watermelons have not ripened long on the vine, so always choose darker green ones, with lighter stripes.
2. Weight: Watermelons are mostly made of water, so if your fruit is light when you lift it, it is probably dry. Therefore, always pick the heavy ones.
3. Look for the yellow spot: Watermelons develop a splotch where they rest on the ground. When this splotch is creamy yellow, it’s ripe.
4. Shape and shine: Avoid watermelons that have lumps and bumps. Choose one that is oval and uniform. If you find a shiny watermelon, it means it isn’t completely ripe.
5. Tail: The tail of a watermelon indicates its ripeness. A green tail indicates that it was picked too soon and will not taste as good. Go for the watermelons that have dried tails for the best taste.
I hope you found this 5 Clever Tips to Help You Pick The Perfect Watermelon post helpful. If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun food ideas.
I also believe kids deserve to eat real food. If you are interested, please check out my recipes for easy to make, healthy, and homemade family meals. I am not a chef or have many years of experience cooking. So most of my recipes are very easy to prepare.