Creamy Homemade Corn Casserole is another great Holiday side dish. It is a homemade version of a typical cream of corn adding red peppers. It is cheesy, creamy and so comforting. You can choose your favorite cheese to make it according to taste. I personally like stronger cheese flavors.
Creamy Homemade Corn Casserole
Remember to use fresh ingredients for great flavors and added health benefits! Nothing better for you and your family than staying away from cans and boxes!
The red pepper gives this Creamy Homemade Corn Casserole dish so much flavor and goes really well with any kind of meat at your dinner table. I love baking side dishes like this one in my Le Creuset Dish, Oval, Marseille. I am making Homemade Corn Casserole for Thanksgiving this year!
If you are using frozen corn to make this Creamy Homemade Corn Casserole side dish, make sure you take the bag out of the freezer about an hour before preparation. If you would like other side dish ideas, please see my Green Bean Casserole and Brussels Sprouts recipes.Print
Great side dish for the Holidays!
- 1 large bag (20 oz) frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp white cheddar and gruyere)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pan mix corn with whipping cream, butter, and some salt.
- Cook in medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Then Add the chopped red pepper and mix well. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix with the shredded cheese.
- You can add a little bit of milk if you want your corn casserole even creamier.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.
- Category: Side Dish
If you try this recipe, I will love to know if you also loved it. You can leave a message or review below. Or find me on Instagram @creativehealthyfamily.