If your kids like glitter and making things that glow in the dark, they will LOVE this DIY magical fairies in a jar lamps activity.
DIY Magical Fairies In a Jar Lamps
This is such and easy and ADORABLE indoor activity to make with the kids. The colors, the glitter, the fairy lamps, it’s all so MAGICAL! Perfect for those rainy days where you are looking to entertain the little ones.
These DIY magical fairies in a jar lamps are also great if your kids are afraid of the dark. The lamps will keep your kids’ room glowing and giving some extra light at night.
You only need a few simple materials for this DIY magical fairies in a jar lamps project. Get them online or at a craft store. You can even get them at a dollar store if you have one nearby.
The perfect DIY indoor activity for kids of all ages.
- Jar with a lid
- Glow sticks
- Crack glow sticks until they start to glow.
- Cut the glow sticks and shake the contents into the jar. (The liquid stains so make sure you protect surfaces and clothes.)
- Use as many glow sticks as you like – the more you use the more glow you get.
- Pour in glitter.
- Put the lid on the jar and SHAKE until the glitter is on all sides of the jar.
- The glow should last all night but for a more permanent fairy jar use glow-in-the-dark paint instead of glow sticks. Just put dots of paint in the jar before adding glitter, sealing and shaking.
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun family ideas. I got this DIY Magical Fairies In A Jar Lamps idea from Herfamily blog.