Get a head start on planning the perfect day for your special guy with these outstanding Father’s Day gift ideas! Check them out below. Then, keep reading for some of my favorite inspirational dad quotes that you can include on cards and handmade gifts!
Fun, Funny & Meaningful Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Whether you’re looking for something funny for your pun-loving dad or something heartwarming for the man who was always by your side (like stepdads, grandfathers and uncles), you’ll find the perfect Father’s Day gift among the ideas below.
FYI, This post includes affiliate links. If you buy anything through them, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Now, let’s dive in!
1. Funny Dad Nutritional Facts Tumbler
Let’s start with an affordable gift that’s perfect for kids to give to dad. I love that it’s equal parts funny and meaningful, a wonderful way to tell dad that you value his strength, guidance, and hard work. He can use it for hot or cold drinks, and it holds up to 20 oz. It’s perfect for everything from hiking and biking to taking in the car on long family road trips.
2. Gorgeous Personalized Mug for Dad from Daughter
If you want to go the mug route but prefer something a little more sentimental, I absolutely adore this gorgeous personalized mug. You can customize the skin color, hair color & style, and – of course- the names. They also have one with a father/son illustration in the listing (it’s in the 3rd row, second from last).
3. All-Natural Beard Grooming Kit
Whether dad’s trying to grow out his beard for the first time or already sports a full one, he’ll love this grooming kit. Everything in it is made with natural ingredients, like argan oil, shea butter, and tea tree oil.
4. Kebab Grilling Basket & Grilling Skewers
Father’s Day falls smack-dab in the middle of BBQ season, so you can almost never go wrong with a great gift for the grill. While kebabs are easy enough to put together, they often fall apart on the grill. These baskets keep everything on the skewer where they belong, instead of on the bottom of your BBQ.
5. Morphée Screen-Free Meditation Box
Everyone needs to relax and unplug once in a while, including dad. The problem is that every relaxation app is just that- an app. That kind of defeats the purpose of unplugging, doesn’t it? This meditation box is different. It has no screens and it’s completely non-digital. You don’t even need an internet connection to make it work.
Everything dad needs to unwind is found right inside the box, including pre-recorded guided meditation sessions, soothing sounds, and more. I think this is one of my favorite Father’s Day gift ideas of all. It’s definitely the most unique!
6. Java Planet Organic Coffee Sampler Pack
Coffee-drinking dads will LOVE this Father’s Day gift idea! Not only is it one of the more affordable coffee samplers, but every single bean comes from socially and environmentally responsible farms. All of their coffees are also organically grown without GMOs or pesticides, and Dad will get enough for six 10-cup pots of coffee.
7. Wood Phone Docking Station
Give Dad a stylish way to charge all of his devices AND store his favorite watch, wallet, sunglasses, and more with this beautiful wood docking station. It’s made with solid ash tree wood and coated with a non-toxic sealant. Plus, it all comes packaged in an eco-friendly box.
8. Hot Sauce Making Kit
If Dad is on the mission to find the perfect hot sauce, tell him to give up trying to buy one and just make his own. This hot sauce kit comes with everything he needs to really spice things up in the kitchen, including plenty of peppers, spices, and even bottles & labels. It’s all made in the USA and the peppers are grown by 5th-generation farmers. With 4.5 stars across nearly 5,000 ratings, it’s almost a sure bet that he’ll love it.
9. Leather Writing Journal
So, on its own, this is a really beautiful gift for Father’s Day. However, I picked it out for a different reason than just journaling. The style and quality make it the perfect heirloom gift. Dad can write down his thoughts and words of wisdom, then pass the journal down through the generations.
10. Home Theater Projector
Whether Dad loves taking family videos or just wants to kick back outdoors and watch his favorite flicks, a home theater projector is a great Father’s Day gift idea! The best ones are crazy expensive (thousands of dollars), but this one is a good budget projector with great overall ratings. Plus, it’s something you can all enjoy together. Take it outside during the summer and create your own “drive-in” movie experience.
11. PacMan Ghost Light Table Lamp
If you’re looking for the perfect geeky gift idea for dads who grew up in the 80s, you can’t really go wrong with PacMan. This officially licensed table lamp phases through 16 different colors (including all of the standard colors of PacMans’ archnemeses). Or, turn it to party mode and watch the colors change to the beat of Dad’s favorite songs.
12. The Pun Also Rises Book
If dad’s never met a pun he didn’t love, then he’ll adore this book. Expert pun-writer (yep, there’s such a thing) talks about how these simple plays on words “revolutionized language” and “changed history.” It’s part humor, part educational, and all entertaining!
13. The Geeky Chef Cookbook: Real-Life Recipes for Your Favorite Fantasy Foods
Another great gift for geeky dads, this cookbook features dozens of recipes inspired by fantasy books, movies, games and more. Some examples include Ion Ion Milk from The Legend of Zelda, Hot Spiced Wine from A Song of Ice and Fire, Bacon Pancakes from Adventure Times, Cake Block from Minecraft, and much more.
14. The Comic Garage Subscription Box
Now here’s a gift that’s truly fit for the superhero in your life! The Comics Garage subscription box is filled with both new and old comics from every publisher (Marvel, DC, and so on). It’s a monthly subscription, so it’s a gift that keeps giving all year long. Plus, you can customize it a bit based on Dad’s favorite characters.
15. High Fidelity Vinyl Turntable Record Player
If Dad’s second-biggest pride and joy (after his kids, of course) is his vintage record collection but he has no way to listen to them, he’ll love this high-fidelity record player. It’s a bit pricy compared to most of the other Father’s Day gift ideas here, but totally worth it based on the amazing features (diamond-tipped stylus, gold plated RCA line outputs, and more).
Inspirational Dad Quotes for Your Handmade Father’s Day Cards & Gifts
These meaningful quotes about dad really just say it all, don’t you think? They make wonderful additions to your handmade Father’s Day cards or other DIY gifts.
The greatest gift…
“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” ― Jim Valvano
A truly rich man, indeed!
“A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.”
Our dads are like music…
“Sometimes I think my papa is an accordion. When he looks at me and smiles and breathes, I hear the notes.” – Markus Zusak
Fathers are a masterpiece of nature
“The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Prevost Abbe
A true hero…
Daddy, a son’s first hero and daughter’s first love.
The best dads lead by example
“My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
It takes a special man…
“Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a Dad.”
Fatherhood turns ordinary men into heroes
“Dads are most ordinary men turned into heroes” -Pam Brown
No man compares to dad…
“I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” – Hedy Lamarr
…because dad sets the standard!
A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men. Gregory E. Lang
Fathering perfects the man…
“Fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man.” – Frank Pittman
A father’s tears…
“A father’s tears and fears are unseen, his love is unexpressed, but his care and protection remain as a pillar of strength throughout our lives.” – Ama H.Vanniarachchy
Dads lift us up in so many ways
“A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.”
Fathers set good examples for their sons
“Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice.” — Charles F. Kettering
The qualities that make a truly great father…
“Being a father means you have to think fast on your feet. You must be judicious, wise, brave, tender, and willing to put on a frilly hat and sit down to a pretend tea party.” – Matthew Buckley
He’s always there, standing behind you
“She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.” – Harper Lee
To our family, dad is the world!
To the WORLD you are a dad. To our FAMILY, you are the world.
I love all of these dad quotes, but I think that last one is my favorite, especially if you’re looking for something short and sweet for inside a card.
30 More Amazing Dad Quotes to Inspire You
If you didn’t find the perfect Father’s Day quote above for your cards and projects, here are a few more that I love! I mixed in some funny dad quotes as well! Enjoy!
- “Fathers are men who dared to place the world’s hopes and dreams in their children.”
- “A father’s love is a compass that always points us in the right direction.”
- “Dads share wisdom with their children in the hopes they spread it throughout the world”
- “What makes you a man is not the ability to have a child—it’s the courage to raise one.”- Barack Obama
- “A father’s love is like a lighthouse, guiding us through the stormy seas of life.”
- “Even the best dads make mistakes. But there is no mistaking their love for their children.”
- “That’s what a father does. Eases the burdens of those he loves.” —George Saunders
- “A father’s love is eternal and without end.”
- “The best parts of your father are the best parts of you. Never forget where you came from.”
- “A father teaches his daughter how to love and be loved.”
- “A father may only be a dad for a little while, but he is a son’s hero forever.”
- “A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness is deeper than the sea.” – Japanese Proverb
- “Lately all my friends are worried they’re turning into their fathers. I’m worried I’m not.” —Dan Levin
- “Fatherhood is the greatest thing that could ever happen. You can’t explain it until it happens—it’s like telling someone what water feels like before they’ve ever swam in it.” —Michael Bublé
- “Great men are not born, but molded by their fathers and their fathers before them.”
- “No man stands taller than when he stoops to help a child.”
- “The best fathers have the softest, sweetest hearts. In other words, great dads are real marshmallows.” —Richelle E. Goodrich
- “A father is someone you look up to, no matter how tall you grow.”
- “The nature of impending fatherhood is that you are doing something that you’re unqualified to do, and then you become qualified while doing it.” —John Green
- “Only the best dads let their children fly. Only the most loved children will soar.”
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.”
- “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” —Charles Wadsworth (This one is cute for a card from a son who is also a dad).
- “Becoming a dad is one thing. Being a dad is many things.” —Steve Chapman
- “The power of a father’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty
- “A father’s love is the foundation that gives a child wings to soar.”
- “Having a family makes whatever other thing you have that much richer.” —Ben Affleck
- “The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” – Dan Pearce
- “A father’s love is eternal, even when his presence is not.”
- “A father is someone who carries pictures in his wallet where his money used to be.”- Steve Martin
- “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero.” —Fred Rogers
Dads give so much to their families. This Father’s Day, let him know how much you appreciate everything he does. Whether you go with one of the gifts above or make your own, as long as it comes from your heart, he’ll love it.
Last update on 2022-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API