In the mood for an Asian style recipe? This Asian Style Meatballs With Green Beans could be the answer. Good quality ingredients and about 30 minutes for a healthy and nutritious family meal.
Remember my 5 Ingredient Swaps For Healthier Eating? This year, I continue to research and switch to better ingredients. Recently, I have read a lot about the dangers of eating soy and decided to look for a better alternative. Most soy products are also genetically modified.
I found coconut aminos to be the perfect substitute. Full of flavor and made with non-gmo ingredients. You can find it at a health market like Whole Foods or online here: Raw Coconut Aminos
Coconut aminos have about 65% less sodium than regular soy sauce. They are made from the aged sap of coconut blossoms and salt. Low-glycemic, vegan, gluten-free, plus they contain 17 amino acids.
Use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce and make your dishes healthier. Tastes very similar with the same flavor you expect from Asian style dishes but remember coconut aminos are not as salty. For other recipes substituting soy sauce for coconut aminos please see Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Make sure you season your meatballs with salt and pepper before placing them in the baking dish with the rest of the ingredients. You can also use other vegetables like peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, onions and mushrooms. Serve this dish with brown rice or quinoa if you like. Be creative and stay healthy!Print
Asian style family meal ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound (one large bag) fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season your ground veal and make little meatballs. Set aside.
- Rinse and cut the ends of the green beans. Steam or boil for about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and honey. Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- In a casserole baking dish place the meatballs, the green beans and the sauce. Mix everything together. If you want more sauce just add a little more coconut aminos and honey.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian